I’m sitting in a Holiday Inn in Wisconsin getting ready for our next NewThing Multi-Site Practicum. This time we are doing this for the Evangelical Free denomination. This will be our 11th NewThing Multi-Site Practicum and all of them (including this one) have sold out. Having been in Orlando for the Exponential Conference and then on vacation with my wife I’ve not been doing as much blogging. But I have been surfing the net and there are few things that I have found. Some you will want to keep and some you will want to lose. So here is my internet lost and found list:
- This weekend we had about 40 participants at Community Christian Church for our NewThing Hitchhikers Guide to Multi-Site. Tammy and Jon both give you their take on this all these visitors from across the country to CCC.
- CCC’s Kirsten Strand was asked by Christianity Today to be a ongoing contributor for their new blog Gifted For Leadership – A Community for Christian Women. Her first post is titled Redeeming the Passion Within. It’s good stuff! Congrats Kirsten.
- Nobody (and when I say nobody, I mean no one in the world!) is better at recruiting artists than Bill Carroll. Bill’s blog Multi-Site Arts has a great post on this topic called, Recruiting and Developing Artists. If you do anything with the arts, read and learn.
- Want to know if your neighborhood is in the top 10 blogging neighborhoods? Click HERE.
- Guy Kawasaki interviews Seth Godin regarding his new book The Dip. He asks him 10 questions and gets 10 good answers.
- Kudo’s to NewThing Network Affiliate Church!at Bethany and Lead Pastor Matt Payne. They are not yet a year old and have announced their plans to start a second site! Now that is a reproducing church!
- Got a few cyber compliments: this guy thinks I’m a thinker AND this guy says he like for me to be his mentor AND this guy calls The Big Idea a “great book” AND this guy “loved The Big Idea” AND this guy said I would be “fun to hang with” and am “pure genius”. Thanks!
- If you are thinking about going multi-site…how about an inflatable second site?
OK, got that out of my system. Now some of this stuff I found you should keep, most of it you should lose.