I just finished a quick podcast (which will be posted soon) with Tim Stevens and Kem Meyer of Granger Church for the Innovate 2007 Conference. I can tell if I get to spend any time with these guys we will become friends! They asked me to come and talk about The Big Idea and I just had to say “yes” for a several reasons:
- I try to always lead with a “yes”.
- I love talking about The Big Idea.
- Guy Kawaski is going to be there and I totally dig his blog and much of his writing.
- Scott Hodge, my blogging mentor will be speaking there. So instead of us hanging out at our local Starbucks together we will hangout at Granger together.
- Troy Gramling – we’ve had dinner and gotten to know each other – great leader!
- I have never been to Granger! That is really unforgivable. Granger is a great church only a couple hours from my house; my brother-in-law goes to church there and I have never experienced the place.
So at the end of September I will get to check it out and challenge leaders to communicate with one BIG IDEA at a time!