Community Christian Church is finishing up the most amazing year in our history and we are finishing it with a bang! I don’t have the exact numbers from last weekend but it looks like we are going to have a record attendance and record giving! Wow! A perfect ending to a year where we started two more campuses; completed a successful stewardship campaign to reach the next 5,000 people by starting seven new sites; a greater focus than ever on serving under-resourced people; and our NewThing Network starting to realize the dream of catalyzing a movement of reproducing churches. I love this church!
While I have you here there are few things that I just couldn’t throw away and I thought I would share them with you.
- I didn’t get to comment too much on CCC being listed #7 on The Most Innovative Church list but Todd Rhoades has some thoughts at Monday Morning Insights. Make sure you read the comments too! Tony Morgan also had some thoughts. And Gary Lamb makes a good point in his Mind Dump. It sounds like some people don’t agree with the list. And some people are getting tired of these lists. What do you think?
- George Barna gives us his own list. It’s a list of the 12 Most Significant Religious Findings in 2006. Take a look and let me know what you think…I’d like to hear your reaction.
- A great article from the Daily Press found (again) by Todd Rhoades about how Crossroads Community Church in York County, Virginia went to multiple sites. The cool part is that Crossroads is one of several churches that NewThing coached in this last year and we saw successfully reproduce a new site!
- The ChurchPlanters.com Conference is getting some buzz. Gary Lamb who knows church planting is hyping this conference. And the guys at ChurchPlanters.com are getting pretty pumped too about the breakouts at this conference!
- But as long as we are talking about buzz – the Exponential Conference (which I’m serving as President) definitely has a buzz! We will more than double our number of registrations from last year. Check out this list of speakers. Get the latest podcast from Ed Stetzer. Now you know why they are calling it the largest gathering of church planting leaders in the world.
There is more, but that is the stuff I just couldn’t throw away. One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure.