There are few leaders within the church or outside the church that can speak to the topic of “Busting Barriers” with more authority than Craig Groeschel. Craig planted LifeChurch.tv and has seen it grow from the humble beginnings in his garage to a place where they are reaching 20,000 on a regular basis in multiple campuses in multiple states across the country.
Craig joined Andy Stanely for an awesome “one-two punch” at the Catalyst One Day at Granger Church. They both did an a tremedous job. In this talk Craig talked about how we need to think differently in order to bust through the barriers our churches face. Craig finishes this very practical talk by giving us three assignments for making mind shift changes. Enjoy…
BUSTING BARRIERS WITH MIND SHIFT CHANGES
Think differently about your church culture.
- Don’t say, “Our people won’t ___________” (insert problem). Instead you should say, “We have not led our people to ____________” (insert problem).
Think differently about the mission.
- Are you about the mission or are you about guarding people’s feelings?
Think differently about people leaving the church.
- The normal mindset is “we can’t let anyone leave.”
Think differently about limitations.
- Most of the time we say, “we can’t because we don’t have _______.” Great leaders see opportunities where others see limitations.
3 ASSIGNMENTS FOR MAKING A MIND SHIFT CHANGE
- Find someone one or two steps ahead of you and learn how they think.
- Identify one wrong mindset and ask God to renew your mind with truth.
- Identify one painful decision you’ve been avoiding and commit to making the right decision immediately.