On several occasions
lately I’ve had people either set-up appointments or send me e-mails asking,
"What it would take to get on staff at Community Christian
Church". I tried to summarize it in a single post. So, here are some of the biggees that
we look for in future staff:
- PASSSION FOR THE MISSION
There has to be a genuine
passion about the mission. I am
increasingly convinced that it’s more important what people care about than
what they say they believe. I want to
know they have a passion for people who are far from God.
- SUCCESS IN THE LEADERSHIP PIPELINE
I had someone come to me a
little while back who had done real well in the marketplace and ask me what it
took to get on staff and I told him proven faithfulness in leadership.
And the path normally looks something like this:
- Apprentice leader in a small group.
- Lead a small group and develop an apprentice.
- Begin coaching small group leaders as a result of reproducing leaders.
- Become a super coach who oversees coaches or perhaps a small group director at a campus.
- LEADERSHIP BEING AFFIRMED BY OTHERS
There are a couple people
that I have my eye on right now
- WILLINGNESS TO SACRIFICE
In most all cases people
who come on staff make financial sacrifices to make it happen. It’s
different for each person, but that seems to often be a part of the equation.