5. Spiritual Growth is about Establishing Habits.
- How to Establish Habits:
- Give an assignment.
- Use a journal and get people to write down what God is saying to them.
- Drive time devotional
- Daily e-mail devotional
- Guide to fasting
- Focus on helping people establish spiritual habits and not just attend meetings.
6. Spiritual growth is relational.
- You only grow in community.
- 3 Tools for Relational Growth
1. Small Groups
2. Spiritual Coaches
3. Retreats – fastest to way to grow people in your church is through retreats.
7. Spiritual Growth is Multi-dimensional
- You only believe in the part of the Bible that you do!
8. Spiritual Growth is Seasonal.
- You will grow in "spurts". There is always "growth – consolidation" and then there is "growth – consolidation".
- Campaigns that last 6 weeks; which is long enough to develop a habit.
KEY QUESTION: Will you quit trying to grow your church and focus on growing your church?